Monday, October 20, 2008

GETTING WHAT WE WANT IN LIFE

Life is journey in search of what we want in life. For some it is an endless search making one feeling uncomfortable throughout his life. For some they managed to get what they want early and live happily for most part of their life.

As a Muslim things ought not to be difficult if one were to make the Quran as a guidence. What about me ? As a child I want to have good health , adventurous life , love , happiness and wealth.

Now that I am 64 years old going to be 65 I am now more clear in what I want in life. It is time to enjoy whatever I have instead of worrying on what I don't have compared with others. I wanted to have a big house with garden and swimming pool when I was young. Today it is not necessary to own them because not only they are expansive but very high maintenance cost. We can relax and enjoy the peace of the public gardens around Petaling Jaya without having to pay its maintenance compared to if I were to have my own. And so is the use of the public swimming pool which is free for senior citizens.

I need not have to buy a palace to enjoy well designed building. I just have to spend time in the various mosques in the Klang Valley. It is really peaceful in the mosque where again you enjoy the use of it without having to pay for its construction and maintenance.

Yes , for me I need not think of any new venture. I just have to be grateful with what Allah has given me and to enjoy life while it last. For me my Petaling Jaya house is my city business centre and my kampong as a retreat. I will now find time and money to renovate our old family house in the kampong as my community service centre.

Raja Abdul Rahman bin Raja Mohammad Dain.

No comments: